Music and Sazon with Pepe Mondragon
The Recipe of the Week
WRLL 1450 AM | August 15, 2022
Chiles Stuffed with Cheese in Tomato Sauce
Chef José Mondragón
- 6 pieces of poblano chiles
- 1 pound of Oaxaca cheese
- 1/4 cup of wheat flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 pound of red tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Roast, peel and opened the chilles very carefully, and then take out the seeds, devein, wash and dry them.
- Crumble the oxacan cheese and fill the chilles with the crumbled cheese.
- Beat the egg yolks very well with a little salt. Beat the egg whites to the point of nougat and mix with the yolks in an enveloping way.
- Secure the stuffed chilies with a toothpick and dip the chilles in the egg batter and a little flour.
- Fry in very hot oil, drain, and place on absorbent paper.
- Place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and a cup of chicken broth in the blender and grind perfectly.
- Saute the tomato sauce for about 10 minutes until it begins to thicken, add salt to taste.
- On a flat plate, serve the stuffed chili with the hot tomato sauce.